[gNewSense-users] Re: Progress of kernel firmware removal

From: Brian Brazil
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Re: Progress of kernel firmware removal
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 02:10:58 +0000

On 10/29/06, Brian Brazil <address@hidden> wrote:
On 10/28/06, Brian Brazil <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm currently on the 6th or so build of the kernel.
It'll probably break at least twice more, so hopefully it'll be done sometime today.

Only broke once.  Still waiting for the build on the official build box. It was caught in an infinite loop by the looks of it, hopefully that's fixed now.

Now it should be fixed. do-update was removing stuff from the wrong release. Also, gen-kernel now handles the case of a removed file being in the .diff.gz properly. Estimated 4 hour remaining build time. When I wake up I'll build a 0.93 LiveCD for QA.

Brian