Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Follow-up: Debian Buster Release Party

From: Rashid Mhar
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Follow-up: Debian Buster Release Party
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2019 11:35:55 +0100

It was a very enjoyable gathering. Great meeting people who proved to be good company. All the people there were interesting and engaged in free software, linux etc. Would be great to have another excuse for a pleasant get together and get to talk more with people I didn't get to chat much with this time around.

Really good that so many turned up, and the location was good, it was lively and busy but not too noisy; for Manchester town centre it's prices are very reasonable, and they have guest beers.

On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 at 19:42, Michael Dorrington <address@hidden> wrote:
On 15/06/2019 14:09, Michael Dorrington wrote:
> Debian Buster is planned for release on Saturday, 6th July, see:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2019/06/msg00003.html

The Manchester Debian Buster Release Party went well and I think
everyone had a good time.

Debian Buster has now been officially released and, if you use Debian,
it is worth reading the release announcement:
https://www.debian.org/News/2019/20190706

Debian Buster now has AppArmor enabled by default so you don't need to
add the GRUB / Linux entry we showed a few months ago when on Debian Stable.

M.

--
FSF member #9429
http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=9429