[Fsuk-manchester] Yesterday's talk on software freedom and the idea abou

From: robin592
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Yesterday's talk on software freedom and the idea about moderation
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 21:18:21 +0100

Hi all,

In case anyone's interested, here are the slides for the talk I gave yesterday.
I think the only one saying anything new is about 'crowd-moderation' using
'scoring vectors', a 'bossiness rating' and a 'lazyness rating'. This is the
slide I showed directly before the one of the chimp sitting on the bog using a
laptop, which was intended to symbolise a certain well-known American
president, and also the need for using some moderation in public discussions.

Using a crowd to moderate large-scale public discussion would avoid the
bottleneck and potential bias of a central team of moderators. Crowd
participation has already been used to great success by
https://www.galaxyzoo.org/ and other sites in the https://www.zooniverse.org/ .
People have discovered exo-planets using the zooniverse!

Although it's probably not as simple as just bolting a new front end onto an
existing federated substructure, it would still be possible to develop a
federated discussion platform that supports crowd-based moderation of threaded
discussions using reputation scores and the like.

Cheers,
Robin