Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Software Freedom Day 2016 in Manchester (17th Sept

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Software Freedom Day 2016 in Manchester (17th September)
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 12:46:36 +0100

On 19/08/16 02:54, J. R. Haigh wrote:
> Hi all,
> .     I'm thinking of offering a Free Your Android workshop where people
> install F-Droid on their Android smartphones along with some useful
> libre applications such as OsmAnd and Kiwix,

That's sounds great.  But don't forget Replicant:

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replicant_%28operating_system%29
* http://www.replicant.us/ (https://www.replicant.us/ complains)

So now we have:

* John Rooke - talk on legal threats to software freedom such as TTIP.
* Bob Mottram - talk on mesh networking (and the Beaglebone Black).
  - B.A.T.M.A.N network available during the event.
* James R. Haigh - workshop on Freeing Your Smart Phone

I'm thinking about doing a talk on Minetest:

* http://www.minetest.net/
* https://packages.debian.org/jessie-backports/minetest

And maybe something on short on Libreboot which has just had a new
version out with lots of improvements (I'm thinking of doing September's
talk on it in more detail, on 20th.):

* http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/libreboot/2016-08/msg00040.html

The slots will be about 30 mins talk/demo so that's about 2-2.5 hours we
have with total.  The event is 3 hours so with some breaks and some
videos we have the 3 hours filled.  Though there is space if anyone else
wants to a slot, lightning talk and so on.

I'll send a schedule out on Sunday.

M.

--
FSF member #9429