Re: [Fsuk-manchester] ThinkPad X60 Tablet – need supplier help

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] ThinkPad X60 Tablet – need supplier help
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 09:36:14 +0100

On 19/08/16 05:12, J. R. Haigh wrote:

> .     It was the fan that broke so I ordered a new fan from here:
> http://www.power4laptops.co.uk/p/ibm/thinkpad+x60+tablet/compatible+laptop+fan+388323
> but it turns out that that plastic-cased fan doesn't look like it'll fit in
> the place that the current metal-cased fan is, and the packet that it came in
> doesn't say ‘Tablet’ on it, only ‘4150600 FAN X60 X61 FAN316F’. This kind of
> hassle is an example of why I hate Web shopping. My laptop is currently
> thoroughly dismantled and I'm not sure how to proceed. It doesn't look like I
> can open the existing worn-out fan's metal case and to remove the whole fan
> and heatsink complex, it seems that I'd have to detach it from the CPU, and
> of course reattach it afterwards, which I've never done before and am not
> confident with. Help with obtaining a new ThinkPad X60 Tablet fan would also
> be appreciated.

For getting the fan replaced you could try Manchester Repair Cafe:

http://www.stitchedup.coop/event/manchester-repair-cafe/all/

Next meeting is 10am-noon today!  (11:30am is last repair start)

After that it is the morning before SFD2016 in Manchester:
"Saturday, September 17, 2016 at 10:00 am - 12:00 pm"

Also could try HACMan?
https://hacman.org.uk/

M.

--