Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Follow-up: MFS Meeting. Tue, 21 June. Talk: "TTIP

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Follow-up: MFS Meeting. Tue, 21 June. Talk: "TTIP and software freedom"
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 08:21:57 +0100

On 26/06/16 13:49, Michael Dorrington wrote:

> course, it must all be software freedom related.  We could break the day
> into 30 minute chunks and delegate those out to people.  We could have
> items such as Arduino, coding workshop, software demos, talks on the
> social, legal, philosophical side of software freedom and so on.  These
> items should be aimed at the general public who might be interested in
> software freedom but might not even know about it yet.
>
> We'll discuss this at July's meeting, on the 19th, and also on this list.

Ideas for possible talk this month, let me know what you think.

Free Hardware talk:
* Libre Tea Computer Card:
** https://www.crowdsupply.com/eoma68/micro-desktop
* Respect Your Freedom:
** http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/endorsement/respects-your-freedom
* Intel Management Engine:
**
https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/intel-me-and-why-we-should-get-rid-of-me

Vim talk:
* http://www.vim.org/

Rockbox talk:
* http://www.rockbox.org/
* Some who has used Rockbox would have to volunteer to do this talk.

Beagleboards talk:
* http://beagleboard.org/

Or something else.

Thoughts?