[Fsuk-manchester] Follow-up: MFS Meeting. Tue, 21 June. Talk: "TTIP and

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Follow-up: MFS Meeting. Tue, 21 June. Talk: "TTIP and software freedom"
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 13:49:46 +0100

On 15/06/16 17:09, Michael Dorrington wrote:
> Please feel free to forward this to those that would welcome it.
>
> * Event: Manchester Free Software's June Meeting
> * Talk: TTIP and software freedom
> * Speaker: John Rooke

The talk at June's meeting was very informative and thought provoking.

The meeting galvanise people into wanting to do more Free Software
activism.  In September we have an opportunity to do this with Software
Freedom Day.  We are again doing a joint event with ManLUG and the event
with be on Saturday, 17th September, open to the public from  14:00
until 17:00.  It would be good to have a programme for the day.  Of
course, it must all be software freedom related.  We could break the day
into 30 minute chunks and delegate those out to people.  We could have
items such as Arduino, coding workshop, software demos, talks on the
social, legal, philosophical side of software freedom and so on.  These
items should be aimed at the general public who might be interested in
software freedom but might not even know about it yet.

We'll discuss this at July's meeting, on the 19th, and also on this list.

Thanks,
M.

--
FSF member #9429