[Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: [oss-security] CVE-2015-7547: stack-based buffer

From: Simon Ward
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Fwd: [oss-security] CVE-2015-7547: stack-based buffer overflow in glibc's getaddrinfo function
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 12:14:43 +0000

Mike asked me to send this to the list...

See message and links below from the oss-security mailing list. Buffer overflow
in the glibc resolver could allow a man-in-the-middle attacker, or possibly
someone controlling a malicious DNS server, to execute arbitrary code on the
system. Updates are available for at least Debian, Red Hat, SUSE, and Ubuntu.

Simon