[Fsuk-manchester] Freelance user support

From: Philip Hudson
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Freelance user support
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 12:31:48 +0100

It occurred to me after sending my previous message about ledger and
Gnucash that I should rather go back a step and refer to the list for
ideas on how ethically to make a living from free software as a
freelance "computer guy" servicing local SMEs and end users.
Book-keeping and general productivity tools like LibreOffice are what
I've been thinking of. I realize I need for my own credibility and
that of free software to be ready to tell some -- many -- users that
free software does *not* offer them a quick and easy alternative to
what they do on Wintel. There is still a lot of stovepipe,
proprietary, lock-in Windows-only stuff out there.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63