[Fsuk-manchester] Cookies policy of Manchester City Council's website

From: Yuwei Lin
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Cookies policy of Manchester City Council's website
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 11:06:45 +0100

Hello,

Not sure if this is the most appropriate forum to discuss this, but I
thought list members may be knowledgeable enough to provide some
guidance.

I was completing an online web form on Manchester City Council's
website. But the website identified that I do not have cookies enabled
on my web browser, and asked that "You must have cookies enabled to
fill in this form".

Why does the city council website want me to enable cookies? I found
Manchester City Council's new website really unfriendly and
one-dimensional. Asking users to switch on cookies against their
wishes is so annoying and perhaps also unlawful?

How do you reckon?

Cheers.

Best wishes,
Yuwei