[Fsuk-manchester] computer enthusiast's rally in town!

From: m3shrom
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] computer enthusiast's rally in town!
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2013 09:44:50 +0100

Anyone up for a bit of this tomorrow?
I am!

https://manchester.pirateparty.org.uk/ai1ec_event/rally-for-freedoms-and-liberties-tbc/?instance_id

This year has seen the shocking revelations of the true extent of mass
surveillance and the UK’s part in it. Edward Snowden’s leaks on PRISM,
TEMPORA and GCHQ really do affect us all. It’s time that we started to
put more pressure on now the House of Commons is back and it’s
conference season. We plan to partner with other organisations with a
demonstration for Freedoms and Liberties on September 29th to coincide
with the Conservative Party Conference.

The plan is a rally in Greengate Square at 11am followed by a march down
Deansgate at 12 midday. It’s an important chance to show that people
care about these issues, while the media is in town.