Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Talking about non-free software on the list

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Talking about non-free software on the list
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 19:12:30 +0000

Quiliro Ordóñez wrote:
> By the way of your reasoning, would it be OK to explain how to edit the
> registry of Microsoft Windows on Debian as long as it was installed in a
> VirtualBox instance?

As far as I understand "registry of Microsoft Windows" (I've not owned
a Windows PC since Windows 3.11 and I don't remember if it had the
registry), sure, why not, if it's necessary to get/change something
there to make Debian work?

I don't think it is, though.

After all, is it OK to tell people how to install software on Microsoft
Windows?

If you're telling people how to install some free software on lots of
operating systems, is it good to list Microsoft Windows first, Mac OSX
next and give only vague instructions for free software operating
systems at the end of the text?

Hope that informs,