Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Talking about software distributions on the list

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Talking about software distributions on the list
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 12:45:17 +0000

> Does anyone have any comments on this version?

Yes.  In the first guideline, calling something that meets the
Guidelines for Free System Distributions a free software distribution
is inaccurate.  It may contain non-program software which is not free
software, but free according to some weaker criteria, such as FSF's
free documentation.  Even RMS wouldn't say that free documentation is
free software - he claimed the question doesn't matter.

So, such things should only be called free system distributions.

Other than that, I can live with the guidelines.

I may reply to the other messages later.  I'm a bit busy, so those
replies may be very short.

Hope that helps,