Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Talking about software distributions on the list

From: Simon Ward
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Talking about software distributions on the list
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 20:08:47 +0000

Does anyone have any comments on this version? I think it's reasonable, but
then I wrote it. I'm looking for constructive criticism rather than to have a
debate about the side issues (that's why I tried to separate the threads). I
don't mind off-list comments if you feel the list is already too burdened with
it.

I have two comments with respect to other posts:

Debian and Ubuntu are not being singled out. They are examples, and the ones
that happened to be mentioned early on.

This is not intended to prevent/discourage/exclude conversation that is on
topic for the mailing list. It is rather intended to clarify what is on topic.
If you don't think it does that, please tell me why.