Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Talking about non-free software on the list

From: Bob Ham
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Talking about non-free software on the list
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2013 13:28:51 +0000

On 2013-03-06 13:04, MJ Ray wrote:
Bob Ham <address@hidden>
The bug is that the documentation contains instructions on installing
non-free firmware.  The non-free firmware is contained within the
.zip/.tar.gz archive files at that location.

And here we get to the real problem: it's not that there is
"encouragement" as claimed earlier.

I think the matter of whether these instructions constitute "encouragement" ventures into subjectivity; to me they do constitute encoragement, to you they obviously don't. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

Overall, the world uses more free software
and less non-free software as a result of those instructions

How have you determined that?

--
Bob Ham <address@hidden>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }