Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Education

From: Dave Love
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Education
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 17:43:07 +0100

Anna Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Should Microsoft design our national curriculum (and does Brian cox know
> the correct answer to this question?!)
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/click_online/9707886.stm
>
> ok, so actually, this has really freaked me out, I had no idea that
> Microsoft were working directly with AQA to design the curriculum. Please
> can people feedback about this?
>
> Anna

I don't have time to watch that, but if it's the thing that Simon Peyton
Jones <http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/people/simonpj/> is chairman
of, don't be freaked out if he has sufficient influence.  I am worried
about the influence of Microsoft (amongst other things) on education in
my university.

Obviously Brian Cox knows about everything, but I'm glad I had more
substantial inspiration as a physicist, and then from people like SPJ in
computing.

--
Avoid success at all cost.  -- Simon Peyton Jones