Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [FSFE-Manc] Fellowship meeting: Mar. 29th: JACK au

From: Sam Tuke
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] [FSFE-Manc] Fellowship meeting: Mar. 29th: JACK audio system
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 09:23:05 +0000

On Sat, 2012-03-10 at 15:30 +0000, D.Bolton U0970268 wrote:
> Sounds good.  I remember downloading the windows version of Pure Data
> after attending a (free) talk on it at Future Everything in 2010.  It
> wouldn't run :-(

I've never tried it on Windows, but at a MFS workshop last year I
installed it on GNU/Linux. I think that most of us compiled it at that
time, rather than installing it from repositories, but we all had it
working by the end (both technical and non-technical people), so it
can't have been that hard.

It is in major distro repositories now, so if you're interested I
recommend giving it a go. You might prefer to wait until you've seen
JACK demonstrated though, as that runs underneath Pure Data, and I'm
pretty sure you have to install Jack separately (though it usually
doesn't require much configuration).

Best,

Sam.