Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Fellowship meeting: Mar. 29th: JACK audio system

From: Michael Dorrington
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Fellowship meeting: Mar. 29th: JACK audio system
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 09:15:59 +0000

On 12/03/12 16:06, Sam Tuke wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> On Sunday 11 March 2012 18:37:37 Michael Dorrington wrote:
>> You had decided not to have talks because Manchester Free Software has
>> talks.  Is this still the case?
<snip>
> When the Manchester FSFE group started more than a year ago we discussed
> whether we would have talks from speakers, and decided that we would try
> without them. Since then, new attendees have joined and the group decided to
> invite speakers when we're able.

You've not answered the question as posed.  Did you decide not to have
speakers because Manchester Free Software had speakers?

>> You also complained when we had talks like this one that they shouldn't
>> be done by a Free Software group and should instead be done by a local
>> LUG.  Do you still believe this?
>
> I think that you misunderstood me Michael. I believe that I expressed to you
> over a beer last year that I felt that some of the MFS talks last year would
> have been more accessible if they had focused less on technical details. Is
> this what you're referring to?

How did I misunderstand you?
Yes, that is it what I am referring to.  IIRC, you also expressed it at
MFS admin meetings.

You didn't send your response to all the groups I posted the questions
to (the groups you posted the announcement to except NWDC).  Please do
send your response to them all so that they get to know the answers.

If you want to coordinate with us then there is the team list:
address@hidden

Thanks,
Mike.
Chair,