Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Fellowship meeting: Mar. 29th: JACK audio system

From: Sam Tuke
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Fellowship meeting: Mar. 29th: JACK audio system
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:06:02 +0000

Hi Michael,

On Sunday 11 March 2012 18:37:37 Michael Dorrington wrote:
> You had decided not to have talks because Manchester Free Software has
> talks.  Is this still the case?

The best way to find out what goes in the Manchester FSFE group is to come
along and talk to us. You don't seem to have received the last few emails that
I sent you, only ones that were sent to public mailing lists. Perhaps you
could check your filters to make sure my messages are getting through?

When the Manchester FSFE group started more than a year ago we discussed
whether we would have talks from speakers, and decided that we would try
without them. Since then, new attendees have joined and the group decided to
invite speakers when we're able.

You are always welcome to come along.

> You also complained when we had talks like this one that they shouldn't
> be done by a Free Software group and should instead be done by a local
> LUG.  Do you still believe this?

I think that you misunderstood me Michael. I believe that I expressed to you
over a beer last year that I felt that some of the MFS talks last year would
have been more accessible if they had focused less on technical details. Is
this what you're referring to?

Sam.

--
Sam Tuke