Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu begginers guide

From: Des Gregory, green h
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Ubuntu begginers guide
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 09:40:39 +0000

Hi there,

I may have a source of basic/mid/good spec, low-cost, second-user laptops that prospective attendees could order in advance to install Ubuntu on and take away with them, if they wanted to. Would that be of any interest do you think? (I've just emailed the supplier to confirm prices, which I'll post, if anyone thinks this is a good idea).

Apart from anything else, it would demonstrate to the supplier that there's a demand for machines with Linux/Ubuntu/something-other-than-Windows out there.

Best regards, Des