[Fsuk-manchester] Re: MFS Talk. Madlab. Tuesday, 16th November. "IPv6 an

From: Tim Dobson
Subject: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: MFS Talk. Madlab. Tuesday, 16th November. "IPv6 and Free Software", Michael Dorrington.
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 22:49:22 +0000

Is this likely to deal with stuff like routing with free software?

I'd be interested to hear about Cisco/Juniper vs Vyatta performance...

Might also be interesting to cover stuff like:
http://media.portfast.net/uknof/uknof16/02-adrian_kennard-mapping_ipv6_to_ipv4.html
and at the other end of the scale:
http://www.6uk.org.uk/6uk-launch-event/

The strongest message I'd send to *users* is 'don't panic'. This is an
important issue for the technology industry but it shouldn't affect you
and it certainly won't result in the end of the world as some tabloids
might let you believe. :)

Tim