fsedu-developers

Re: [Fsedu-developers] FreeSoftwareInEducation

From: chrismo
Subject: Re: [Fsedu-developers] FreeSoftwareInEducation
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:58:32 +1000

> So they are allowing you to teach it ?
They aren't allowing me to teach students but one of our team has taught gnu
linux before in adult education, his name is John Perry and he also wrote a
couple of articles.
http://learnscope.flexiblelearning.net.au/LearnScope/golearn.asp?Category=11&DocumentId=5691
http://learnscope.flexiblelearning.net.au/LearnScope/golearn.asp?Category=11&DocumentId=5876

I don't have the training for teaching.
Among other things I've mainly been doing brief 1 on 1 wikipedia demo's with
teachers, I ask them about their subject matter and just look it up and show
them how to contribute. I've had good responses to it.

I haven't had any luck with University lecturer's.
The latest attempt is that I've mailed a copy of the live-cd to this guy:
http://education.qut.edu.au/~nykvist/who/
I'm still waiting to see if he will host it and what he thinks of the idea.

regards
Chris