fsedu-developers

Re: [Fsedu-developers] FreeSoftwareInEducation

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: [Fsedu-developers] FreeSoftwareInEducation
Date: 27 Nov 2004 11:56:22 -0600

chrismo <address@hidden> writes:

> I am a gnu fan and interested in your project, I have contributed to
> wikipedia and I'm wonderring if there's a way to be more involved
> and curious about how things are done and if there's some more info.

Well, thank you, you have already helped us!  Wikipedia demonstrates
the power of free learning resources, and is one that is hopefully
already very visible to educators in general.

Any contribution to any free software project that might be used by
schools is also helpful.  Debian Edu is a good example.

If you are interested in the efforts at which we specifically are
looking, we would like to put together materials to convince schools
to switch to free software.  In particular, we have working documents
on "short pitches" to administration and faculty.  mdupont says
explanations of free software, rather various aspects thereof, are
needed, rather help understanding what free software means in the
context of its use in general, and I agree with him.

At the moment, it may be more useful to discuss materials on this list
than post them on the wiki.  There is an ongoing spam problem.

--
Stephen Compall or s11 or sirian

Q:      What do you call a half-dozen Indians with Asian flu?
A:      Six sick Sikhs (sic).

JPL ammunition brigand Mossad COSCO Legion of Doom SHA quiche Kosovo
CDC Leitrim morse MP5K-SD Ron Brown nuclear