Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Fonts that go into distros

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta
Subject: Re: [Freebangfont-devel] Fonts that go into distros
Date: 01 May 2003 14:21:09 +0530

On Wed, 2003-04-30 at 23:25, Deepayan Sarkar wrote:
> True. Also Likhan is much improved from the last release. Mukti, in my
> experience, works well on Windows, but not on Linux. A (hopefully) not very
> difficult option would be to use the Mukti/Akruti glyphs in the template font
> and release that. I've never actually looked at Ani, but the same should
> apply.

No, we need not use the template.
The only problem with Mukti/Ani is that they goof up with raphala/reph,
and I know why. Once you remove the problem causing rule, it should be
OK. I could have done it my self, but in my box, pfaedit is causing
problems, so I am "disabled" for now ;-).

> I have spent almost all my time for the last week on a different project, but
> that's more or less done. I should now be able to do some stuff on this front
> (namely, release the template font properly and release a version of Likhan
> based on that).

OK, and in addition to the missing conjuncts I sent earlier, also add
"a-japhala" and "aa-japhala"
-sdg-

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta [http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/]

####[ GNU/Linux One Stanza Tip (LOST) ]#######################

Sub : Checkinstall LOST #208

If you install packages after local compilations, use the bash
script "checkinstall", in place of 'make install'.It will make
necessary entries into the package database for your distro
for subsequent manipulation with pkgtool, rpm and dpkg. Visit:
http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall-en.html