formuleweb-announce

[Formuleweb-announce] dud

From: Godwin Kidd
Subject: [Formuleweb-announce] dud
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:17:13 +0800

They are working towards a wider range of 'research support services' of which the institutional repository may be a part, and towards a new sense of discovery in a very changed network world.
What is interesting here is that a national library is imaginatively developing real services which show how library services are complementary to, and can be enhanced by, crowdsourcing approaches.
As it turns out, that's just how Jeff Bezos sees it. The level of integration between these has been small.
The emphasis is on ease of use and reuse.
That said, it appears that all that you need do is add the slide number to the base URL for direct access to a particular slide.
The level of integration between these has been small. Interestingly, the main Google search engine is not included. Fees can be high, and results are often disappointing.
Currently it checks prices in several book buying sites, will look in selected library sites, or will interact with Worldcat.
I presume that the project will converge on a small number of terms so as to encourage participation and adoption by publishers and search engines alike.
Women in particular tend to be overwhelmed at times by the number of responses they get from men who often respond in high numbers to well written essay questions. O'Neill, and Chandra Prabha. Given this distinction they argue that it is unlikely that the type of software they discuss - complex administrative systems - will be addressed by the community model.
What is interesting here is that a national library is imaginatively developing real services which show how library services are complementary to, and can be enhanced by, crowdsourcing approaches.
Indeed, institutions are already investing significant amounts in locally developed solutions given market failures, which leads to redundant effort. Interestingly, the main Google search engine is not included.
What is interesting here is that a national library is imaginatively developing real services which show how library services are complementary to, and can be enhanced by, crowdsourcing approaches.
This is done for purposes of searching, browsing, discovery, translation, mapping, semantic reasoning, subject indexing and classification, harvesting, alerting etc.
Overall, one could imagine how it could be more specialized to the needs of those interested in this topic and how the various services presented could be more integrated.
It utilizes a host of web services, including many from OCLC, and will take several paths depending on what it finds at various stages.
And once one moves in this direction, the question of scoping the collective resource in different ways emerges: moving from local to some larger grouping or back.
It has a strong family resemblance to YouTube, including the emphasis on ease of linking from and embedding in blogs and other sites. Overall, one could imagine how it could be more specialized to the needs of those interested in this topic and how the various services presented could be more integrated. I presume that the project will converge on a small number of terms so as to encourage participation and adoption by publishers and search engines alike.
The bar scene is particularly risky for those who are shy or uncomfortable approaching strangers.
As more of our working, learning and playing lives moves onto the network we need better workflow support.
I would have been interested to learn what they see as priorities: what are the three or four things that JISC could fund to effectively advance some of the topics they describe. I am submerged in several assignments and will not be able to look at it myself for a little while. I am submerged in several assignments and will not be able to look at it myself for a little while.
Indeed, institutions are already investing significant amounts in locally developed solutions given market failures, which leads to redundant effort. This is done for purposes of searching, browsing, discovery, translation, mapping, semantic reasoning, subject indexing and classification, harvesting, alerting etc.
The model we propose here could be adopted and deployed at other institutions capable of implementing a similar lightweight web services interface to their library catalog.