fhsst-announce

[Fhsst-announce] About me

From: Peter Scott
Subject: [Fhsst-announce] About me
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:27:40 -0600

Hello. Mark asked me to send an email with some information about myself,
so I'll oblige. I'm Peter Scott, I live in Nebraska, USA, and I'm in High
School. This raises a bit of an obvious point: it's weird for a High
School student to help write High School textbooks. Still, I have an
advantage: I remember clearly the conceptual questions that people in my
physics class had difficulty with, and I mostly write about physics.

I wrote something a while back about the basic foundations of position,
velocity, and acceleration in terms of basic calculus, and it should be
at <http://sketerpot.freezope.org/technical/rectilinear> as a PDF file.

I use emacs and LaTeX, although I'm not up on the ps-tricks package. If
nothing else, I can make sure that "E=mC2" becomes "$ E = mC^2 $".

It's a pleasure to meet you all.

-Peter