epsilon-doc

[epsilon-doc] aptly wily

From: Ernest Rankin
Subject: [epsilon-doc] aptly wily
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 05:04:00 -0000

Do you think that she will be brought at all, Dramana?
I asked, thinking that perhaps it would be of apainful nature.
Evidently Dacha believed me, for he grew quiet humble. Indeed, Ihad not eaten such a meal for years.
Itwas the scene at the feast repeated but with a difference.
Will you wait upon the god living,or will you wait upon him dead? In short, literally there was the devil to pay. Anything more ridiculous than this scene it is impossible to imagine. The sacrifice is about to happen, she whispered back.
Dacha looked towards us, hesitating, and I saw that it was time toact. Yes, Lord, a Feast of Blood, and I pray that it may not be of yourblood also. The sacrifice is about to happen, she whispered back.
Perhaps that matterwill be settled at the Council of the Priests to-morrow, Lord. There was thelong gray hair growing in tufts about the body.
I know it all, Lord, for I have been that bride. Butwhile we are here we must drink nothing but water.
This was now empty, although in it lights still burned. The god is about to take her into his keeping, she repliedenigmatically. The god is about to take her into his keeping, she repliedenigmatically. Does he seek such a fate as that which befell thehound without your doors?
Let all who hearme bethink them of the ancient prophecy, for at length its hour isfulfilled!
After this suddenly I went mad; everybody went mad.
Dacha is clever; he has bethoughthim that you might depart in a canoe. Lord, I have told you so already, and I will only add this.
It was only afterwards that Ireflected upon this strange circumstance. I sighed with relief as this knowledge came home to me, and began toobserve details.
Tall and stately, she stood quite still before us, her blackhair streaming down upon her shoulders.
He led us down a passage into a fine hall plentifullylit with lamps for now the night had fallen. Do you think that she will be brought at all, Dramana?