Re: Release of Enigma 1.30-alpha

From: Sidney Markowitz
Subject: Re: Release of Enigma 1.30-alpha
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2020 17:11:32 +1300

So far I have tried building it on VirtualBox virtual machines with CentOS 7, Ubuntu 18.04.5LTS, and Ubuntu 20.04LTS, all with VirtualBox Guest Additions installed, and I have both built from the working directory from the repo with autogen.sh, configure, make gmo, make, sudo make install, sudo enigma --makepreview being run, and also tried creating a distribution tar.gz and building from that (no additional autogen.sh, make gmo, or makepreview).

In every case, I ran it by running the command "enigma" in a Terminal command line. It started up ok, including being able to use the mouse to select menu items, up until I clicked on a level to run it. When in a level, moving the mouse caused lines of output on the Terminal saying (with varying numbers)
   mouse event with 33320, 14986
but the ball did not move. Clicking the mouse did cause the correct response in the game for a mouse click.

Pressing the Esc key properly escaped the level and the magic wand mouse cursor did then appear and worked to select from the menu.

Has anyone else had a similar experience, or can say what is different in your setup if you have been successful running in Linux, or do you have any insight on the mouse event messages and the inability to use the mouse in the levels?

Thanks,

 Sidney