Re: Compilation error.

From: Γιώργος Κωστόπουλος
Subject: Re: Compilation error.
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2020 18:37:21 +0200

Στις Δευ, 6 Ιαν 2020 στις 4:29 μ.μ., ο/η Andreas Lochmann
<address@hidden> έγραψε:

> Hi,
>
> I assume you try to compile the source code you found at
> nongnu.org/enigma, revision 2513.

Indeed!

> This code is a little outdated and
> might not compile with the latest versions of gcc. You might want to try
> the github-version. Go to
>    https://github.com/Enigma-Game/Enigma
> Below the pink bar, you find an entry "Branch:". Make sure that it
> states "master". Then click on "Clone or download", "Download ZIP". This
> will give you a more recent version of the 1.21-source code.
>
> If you know how to use git, feel free to use it instead :-)

I'm not a huge fan of git. I prefer the release files, over constantly
updates.  :-)
I know how it works, but I uninstalled it...ages ago!  :-)

I downloaded the latest dev code and indeed, this time configure AND
make complete successfully!
(As root) "make install" failed (and the bash output is here):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ynJKnTlGAPRq-emj1C33OY2VwdIa7Dyq/view?usp=sharing

However, Enigma plays locally (from compilation directory) as
expected, although seems to have some difficulties.
Eg. Translations, don't seems to work (although it compiles with nls enabled).

> Happy New Year to everyone on the list!
>
> Best,
> Andreas

THANKS Andreas!  :-)