Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma for current Mac OS?

From: Sidney Markowitz
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma for current Mac OS?
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 09:35:46 -0500

Roy McCoy wrote on 4/03/16 7:38 AM:
[ ... questions about Enigma on Mac OS X El Capitan ...]

Hi Roy,

I last looked at this in some discussions on this mailing list last October.
The conclusion I reached was that the SDL_image 1.2 binaries (library used by
Enigma for display things) are not compatible with El Capitan and that they
are not likely to be made so by the SDL folk because SDL 2 has been the
version under current development for quite some time. There has been some
work done toward porting Enigma to run with SDL 2, but I haven't seen mention
of that since that thread last October. What we really need to make it
possible to build Enigma under modern versions of OS X is that port to SDL 2,
but there seems to be much work to do to make it happen.

I will do what I can to get builds of Enigma on the Mac, but I don't have the
time to delve into the display code to do the work of porting it to SDL 2. I
am watching this mailing list and I will step in to do the next steps just as
soon as someone is able to produce a working SDL 2 port even if it is just
working on Linux.

Regards,

 Sidney