Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma

From: Andreas Lochmann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 00:39:47 +0200

Dear Samantha,

thank you for your message, this is the correct address to state your question.

Unfortunately, there is no official port of Enigma to iOS (the operating system of iPhone and iPad), and I'm not aware of an unofficial port either. Also, we don't plan to port Enigma to iOS.

Actually, I would doubt that a direct port would work satisfactorily, because Enigma and its levels very much depend on the use of a mouse. Changing the input method to a touch screen would probably disbalance the game. So I suggest to enjoy Enigma on a regular desktop computer, and leave iOS to Kulla-di-Bulla.

By the way, thank you very much for noting out Kulla-di-Bulla to us. I was not aware of this very interesting (and rather new) project. The points in which Kulla-di-Bulla differs from Enigma quite accurately highlight the problems one would encounter by implementing Enigma on iOS, I guess.

Best regards,
Andreas Lochmann
(for the developer team of Enigma)