Re: [Enigma-devel] Questions and Ideas | I want to help with Enigma too!

From: Kenan Bitikofer
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Questions and Ideas | I want to help with Enigma too!
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 12:29:39 -0600

I'm a linux and java nerd as well. I did successfully compile 1.20, after satisfying the innumerable dependencies. I'll check out your editor.

Kenan

On 02/06/2014 09:54 AM, RJ wrote:
Hi Kenan,

I once looked into helping with the development of Enigma's source code about 2 years ago, but ran into many of the same questions as you. I ended up creating a simple level editor for Enigma in Java and most of the basic features work, but there is still work to be done on it.

Anyways, your email rekindled my interest in helping with Enigma's development and I eagerly await Raoul's response!

One of the reasons I chose to create a level editor is because I know Java very well, and I'm not so fluent in C++. Another reason is because I find the hardest part about entering into a project that is not my own is trying to figure out how to setup your environment to compile for the first time. If anyone out there could give me some pointers on how to get Enigma to compile, that would be great!!
(I'm running in Ubuntu Linux by the way)

Like I said above, I eagerly await Raoul's response and hope I can also get involved with the development of Enigma!

-Reece

P.S. If anyone would like to check out my level editor, you can find it here:
sourceforge.net/projects/enigmaeditor/