[Enigma-devel] Re : copyright permission request

From: Busser Alain
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Re : copyright permission request
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 11:16:22 +0400

----- Message d'origine -----
De: PCs4Kids <address@hidden>
Date: Vendredi, Juillet 5, 2013 4:53 am
Objet: [Enigma-devel] copyright permission request
À: address@hidden

> To Enigma,
>
> I am an online volunteer for PCs4KIDS through the United Nations Online
> Volunteering program. I am contacting you to request permission for
> PCs4KIDS to use some of your content from
> http://www.nongnu.org/enigma/. We
> want to make your resources available to orphans, refugees and other
> marginalized children worldwide.
>
> More specifically, we want to include your content into a software package
> made up from educational resources and games, obtained from many
> sources on
> the Internet, to be made available for free via the PCs4KIDS website or
> supporters to the project (such as Ubuntu). We pro-actively contact
> orphanages, refugee camps and other places with marginalized children
> throughout the world in order to make them aware of the resource we have
> made available, thus I am requesting non-exclusive world rights.
> Please let
> me know if you are the copyright holder of this work, and if so, if we
> can
> have copyright permission to include your content into our project.

Hello,

I am not the copyright holder, but as Enigma is released under GPL license, I
think you are authorized to use it and distribute it, as long as you respect
this license (at least, enigma must remain under this license). You must
furnish a link to Enigma's source code and to the GPL license, and write
somewhere who its authors are. That is about the only restrictions to its use.

To see more, you can read (urgh!) the contents of the license:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html

happy reading ;-)

Alain