Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma level editor

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma level editor
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 08:53:22 +0100

Hello Reece,
> I've only found 1 Enigma level editor in all my days of searching the net
> and that one didn't work.
> If anyone knows where I can find an Enigma level editor please let me know!

I belive most (but at least many) levels were made without any special
editor, but with a regular text editor.

E.g.
http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/enigma-game/trunk/data/levels/enigma_i/andreas01_2.xml
http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/enigma-game/trunk/data/levels/enigma_viii/devnull19_1.xml

As you can see, the heart of the level file is actually Lua code.
Levels are "programmed", not so much "painted".
Anyway, if you want to gather some experience in making levels, this
is the technical side that you should know (and thus should have used
at least once).

More information in the reference manual:
http://enigma.nongnu.org/manual/enigma-ref.html
Actually, for writing a level editor, you will have to know this
manual by heart, up to the point where you can fix errors in it.

best regards,
Erich