[Enigma-devel] Enigma level editor

From: Reece
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Enigma level editor
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 13:11:30 -0700

Hi,

I want to start working on an Enigma level editor!

I want to get together a group of people to work on it.

The Enigma website says:

Level editor. As the existing editors are not up to date and are not as portable as Enigma we think of a Java based editor, an extension of the XML level format and an interface to Enigma. A useful editor is a good deal of work and not at all easy.”

One downside is that I know very little about java programming, so someone will have to help me along!

If there is anyone who would like to help me and who knows how to program in Java (or someone who knows very little like me :P ), feel free to join in!

I’m also wondering what making this level editor will involve? Will it require knowledge of swing GUI components?

I am also thinking that I am going to use NetBeans IDE to create the level editor.

Thanks, Reece