[Enigma-devel] Compiling on Debian, libcurl

From: Raoul
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Compiling on Debian, libcurl
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 20:48:35 +0100

Hi,

Today I did a new Debian install with Squeeze.
I tried to compile the svn HEAD of Enigma.
Thus to get all the dependencies I did a:

apt-get build-dep enigma

and get lots of packages. However, the libcurl
devel package was missing:

configure: error: libcurl is required to compile Enigma
make: *** Keine Targets angegeben und keine »make«-Steuerdatei gefunden.
Schluss.

After installing libcurl4-openssl-dev I worked as expected.

Probably the Enigma version in Debian does not yet
need the libcurl? (I do not remember when this dependency was added.)

@Erich: I assume that there is no FTBFS Error, thus the
Debian Enigma really does not need the libcurl.

This is not a bug report but rather a short memo that we must
adapt the dependency list once we update the Enigma version ...
And also a hint to other people trying to compile Enigma on Debian.

Raoul