[Enigma-devel] Logic level

From: Busser Alain
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Logic level
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 14:35:35 +0400

> As always, any comments, suggestions and critiques would be welcome.

Hi, I finally managed to turn your file in a more personal version (here
attached but I already posted it on magheut). As you can see, I didn't try to
make it random or general; There are two main differences between your file and
mine:
1: I preferred to use Enigma groups than to multiply tests (and I suspect that
it can be further simplified).
2: The use of items and actors to show the names, the professions and what the
characters wear (I just realized that in French, carry and wear are the same
verb, so it must sound really strange to hear about a girl who wears a weight;
let's just say she is a little excentric...) frees me from the descriptive
documents: Now I have only the 9 clues which is easier to handle (and the down
arrow allows the player to see them again).

You can see that although I tried to make it a meditation level, I just could
not: When dents are erased at random, as soon as the "essential" dents are
erased, the remaining ones become essential and the meditation level could be
solved without reading the clues: This was surely not intended. So I gave up
and came to this Enigma level.

As it is made, the level needs that the player uses each color of coins for one
table only. This can be changed but I did not find necessary to allow the
player to mix up the coins (or to use only one color) because now the player
understands that 5 coins per table are to be used.

The same switch is used to get the pencils as long as the game is not won and
the hammer at the end. I preferred not to say it to the player: It can be more
fun if the player has actually won without noticing it (or more anger!)

I too would like comments and suggestions but better than the critics I would
love to have other versions of this game (preferably posted on my thread at
MagHeut)

Happy playing (or happy cheating if you're impatient)

Alain