Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.10 Milestone 5 Revision 1877

From: Su O. Nona
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.10 Milestone 5 Revision 1877
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 10:31:27 +0100

Hi,

Ronald Lamprecht wrote:
>> Lukas Schüller wrote: I have some remarks on some of the new levels:
>>
>> - I don't see why some levels (lower i, At the Pool) are reloaded
>> after you die. Are there really any possible shortcuts by killing
>> yourself? They are both good levels, but I find it kind of
>> annoying that you can't fall into the water once.
>
> Indeed there are some minor shortcuts by suicides. But I am
> thinking about a respawn concept that should be applicable in such
> levels. It should be possible to record the last savely passed grid
> of an actor and to respawn actors on that grid if the author
> activates such a mode by a global variable. I'll look into the code
> for consequences.

As Ronald already mentions a suicide and a respawn at the starting
position offers some more solutions. ;-) If a respawn at the last
safe grid exists I'll add the usually extralifes for a more relaxed
game play. I would even do this for those of my levels having the
same conditions, too.

>> - Tour de France: This is actually a more general aspect, as I
>> think that the behaviour of it_drop is a bit strange: If you die,
>> your respawning position is where the rotor was transformed back
>> into your marble, and not the starting point of the level. Is this
>> intentional or a bug?
>
> Thanks. That has been a valid bug since introduction of it_drop.
> Looking more carefully to the drop code, I noticed that
> additionally the conversion of a marble to the rotor has been
> smooth, while on the backconversion the marble seems to "freeze"
> for a moment. I fixed both bugs yesterday evening with revision
> r1893.
>
>> - Crabwise: Just a minor thought, how about "Im Krebsgang" (like
>> the book) as a german translation?
>
> That is a decision of the level author. May be he favours your translation.

Sorry but I won't use anything like that because I know Günter Grass'
novel "Im Krebsgang" and the historical implications.

>> - Finally, "Floodoban" isn't in the game yet; are you still
>> waiting for a new version or did you just miss it?
>
> There are several finished levels still waiting in the queue. For
> M5 we focused on levels with translatable strings.

Best regards
dev0