Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.10 Milestone 5 Revision 1877

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.10 Milestone 5 Revision 1877
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 14:02:35 +0100

Lukas Schüller wrote:
I have some remarks on some of the new levels:

- I don't see why some levels (lower i, At the Pool) are reloaded after you
die. Are there really any possible shortcuts by killing yourself? They are both
good levels, but I find it kind of annoying that you can't fall into the water
once.

Indeed there are some minor shortcuts by suicides. But I am thinking about a respawn concept that should be applicable in such levels. It should be possible to record the last savely passed grid of an actor and to respawn actors on that grid if the author activates such a mode by a global variable. I'll look into the code for consequences.

- Tour de France: This is actually a more general aspect, as I think that the
behaviour of it_drop is a bit strange: If you die, your respawning position is
where the rotor was transformed back into your marble, and not the starting
point of the level. Is this intentional or a bug?

Thanks. That has been a valid bug since introduction of it_drop. Looking more carefully to the drop code, I noticed that additionally the conversion of a marble to the rotor has been smooth, while on the backconversion the marble seems to "freeze" for a moment. I fixed both bugs yesterday evening with revision r1893.

- Crabwise: Just a minor thought, how about "Im Krebsgang" (like the book) as a
german translation?

That is a decision of the level author. May be he favours your translation.

- Finally, "Floodoban" isn't in the game yet; are you still waiting for a new
version or did you just miss it?

There are several finished levels still waiting in the queue. For M5 we focused on levels with translatable strings.

Greets,

Ronald