Re: [Enigma-devel] XML Files

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] XML Files
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 00:54:38 +0100

Hello Simon,
> compatible with Enigma as the ones I created aren't. Are there different types
> and versions of XML formatted files?

XML is very generic.
Newer Office Versions of Microsoft have XML-based formats, OpenOffice
has been using XML formats, there are image XML formats, there is
XHTML, an XML variant of HTML used in web pages. Google Talk uses an
XML-based format for transmitting chat messages ...
So "XML file" gives not much more information about the contents as "text file".
To be able to use the files in Enigma, they need to be in Engima level
file format (which happens to be an XML format and also use the .xml
file name extension, but doesn't have much more in common with the
aforementioned file formats).

best regards,
Erich Schubert