[Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.10 Milestone 4 Revision 1710

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.10 Milestone 4 Revision 1710
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 12:17:56 +0200

We reached milestone 4 of the upcoming 1.10 release! It is revision 1710 on our svn development trunk! It is a snapshot for level authors and testers.

Since milestone 3 we did address the completion of the new API in the remaining aspects. A new superior maze generator has been added, the old pseudo object itemfreezer has been replaced by a full fledged st_ice object, a new pentomino resolver library, various new API data types do support additional powerful operators and methods, some additional features on existing objects and most important a nearly complete refman as a reliable source of information.

With this new milestone 4 the new API is stable concerning renamings and features. Now it is time for you, the level authors, to switch completly to this milestone. Your level rewritings and new levels will run in future without modifications if they are written in the new API.

I uploaded a Windows compilation:

http://download.berlios.de/enigma-game/Enigma-w32-1.1-r1710.zip
(md5 - f162cb3e67917aa728cf14d2198a02e4)
and a universal Mac OS X compilation:

http://download.berlios.de/enigma-game/Enigma-1.1-r1710-OSX.dmg
(md5 - 0a8ab38fdc0750e2bfa58bc55011698e)

The demo levels discussed in the refman are added to the "Development" levelpack group. Further pure new API feature test levels can be downloaded at:

http://download.berlios.de/enigma-game/team_test_new_api-r1710.zip

There are quite a bunch of new API levels already included in the Enigma levelpacks. Here our statistics for the Enigma levelpacks:

=================================
Statistics for new API levels:
------------------------------
Number of scanned levels:    792
Number of rewritten levels:  258
Number of new API additions: 124
Number of new API levels:    382
Ratio of new API levels:     48.00 %
--------------------------------
Statistics for rewritten levels:
--------------------------------
Sum of old API code lines:   33067
Sum of new API code lines:   17002
Number of removed lines:     16065
Percent removed lines:       49.00 %
Average removed code per level: 40.83 %

Note that the line count still includes the constant XML metadata part. The gain in the new API Lua part is even larger than the numbers above do indicate.

Please note that this milestone is just a development snapshot! Nevertheless it is expected to be very stable. Please report any remaining problems and inconsistencies.

Raoul just reported the first level bug in the milestone ("Sunrise Sunset" is broken on one hemisphere). But all other levels are expected to run properly.

And what is still missing? Mainly the finalization of the new Sokoban library with the basic support of multilevel files with internet downloads. And of course the check and additon of a bunch of new levels, the sorting, rating, the translation updates, etc.

Please drop a note if you like to give us a helping hand in finishing 1.10.

Greets,

Ronald