Re: [Enigma-devel] Compiling Enigma on Windows XP with MinGW-MSys

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Compiling Enigma on Windows XP with MinGW-MSys
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 20:53:20 +0200

Harry Bruder schrieb:
has anyone succeeded building Enigma under Windows XP using MinGW-MSys?
I have tried for several hours during the last days but I can't get it
done. In particular I've got problems with Xerces-C. Somewhere when
running the configure or make script of v3.0.1 the "Blue Screen Of
Death" shows up with an 0x0A error message "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". The
same happens after installing the precompiled VC binaries of v3.01 to
MinGW and then running the Enigma configure script. I managed to
configure and make the 2.8.0 version of Xerces, but then I get an error
message from the Enigma configure file: "checking for Xerces 3.0
experimental version... Not found... error: xerces is required to
compile Enigma." Any ideas what's going wrong?

Xerces 2.7 did not compile on MinGW, so I did use the upcoming 3.0 trunk that has been more stable and elaborated than the 2.* branch for quite a time. I never checked 2.8 on Windows - it may work but I don't think it is worth trying.

A complete configuration of MinGW and matching tool versions is listed in the REQUIREMENTS file. Yes I am still using an old MinGW configuration, because the current version did cause serious problems with the exception handling. Because it is a very nasty business to check these critical parts I did stick to the configuration that is well known to work.

Please report any stable configuration that you tested throughly by long term tests and repeated exception behaviour tests.

Greets,

Ronald