[Enigma-devel] Compiling Enigma on Windows XP with MinGW-MSys

From: Harry Bruder
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Compiling Enigma on Windows XP with MinGW-MSys
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 14:42:44 +0200

has anyone succeeded building Enigma under Windows XP using MinGW-MSys?
I have tried for several hours during the last days but I can't get it
done. In particular I've got problems with Xerces-C. Somewhere when
running the configure or make script of v3.0.1 the "Blue Screen Of
Death" shows up with an 0x0A error message "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". The
same happens after installing the precompiled VC binaries of v3.01 to
MinGW and then running the Enigma configure script. I managed to
configure and make the 2.8.0 version of Xerces, but then I get an error
message from the Enigma configure file: "checking for Xerces 3.0
experimental version... Not found... error: xerces is required to
compile Enigma." Any ideas what's going wrong?

Best wishes,
Harry