Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.10 on Mac.

From: Raoul
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Enigma 1.10 on Mac.
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 14:54:37 +0100

Hi,

> Many other games have a 'save' and 'resume' facility.
> Is it too hard to program this? or is there a philosophical reason
> not to?

Yes, it's quite hard. We have to save the current state of _all_
gameobjects in the level. This includes f.e. the state of random
number generators. And even there may be some lua code in the level
which does "something very complex" ...

Imagine a simple level like "Color Maze". It's not enough to just
store which doors are open/closed when you save.

However, a save and restore feature is planned. But as far as I know,
it will not be part of Enigma 1.10.

> 2.   As a Mac user, I am now delighted to report that Enigma 1.10
> works fine on all my Macs -
> MacPro (Intel) 2.66 GHz Dual-Core OSX 10.5.6.
> 15" Powerbook 1.33 GHz (PPC) OSX 10.5.5
> Emac 1.25GHz (PPC) OSX 10.5.6
> Emac 700 GHz (PPC) OSX 10.4.11

Nice :-)