Re: [Enigma-devel] Cannot compile Enigma in Ubuntu

From: Yuriy Zhyromskiy
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Cannot compile Enigma in Ubuntu
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 23:05:51 +0200

On Tuesday 23 December 2008 22:42:31 Alexandros Tasos wrote:
> What is the usage of --prefix=/home/mysweethome in ./configure
> --prefix=/home/mysweethome? I managed to make the configure script and
> execute ./configure, but when I executed make, after some minutes, it
> printed something like a compilation error.
Hi, Alexandros

--prefix option here is a path to which game files will be installed. By
default it is /usr/local or /usr. You can specify another directory. At that
directory new folder will be created, among them 'bin' directory where
executable of game is situated, 'share' with games data and so on. You should
specify really existed directory to avoid errors or not specified it at all
(then you may find files at default location). If it doesn't solve your
problem, please post message returned by make, listing of ./configure command
would be helpful too.

--
Best regards, ged.