Re: [Enigma-devel] Greek Translation Trivial Bug

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Greek Translation Trivial Bug
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 19:43:55 +0200

Alexandros Tasos wrote:
A small translation bug exists in the Greek translation. Instead of "Νέα Ελληνικά", the language name should be "Ελληνικά". (If you see meaningless characters, set your browser's encoding to Auto or UTF-8).

o.k. - I will fix it with one of next commits.

There are also some good news. It is possible for Enigma r1361 to accept Greek input characters in text boxes.

Sorry, input of characters besides ASCII is not supported by SDL 1.2. We already did face this problem with German umlauts and Russian kyrillic characters.

Up to last winter the SDL people did state that no SDL application should have the need of keyboard input. But thanks to some volunteers they finally did wrote I18N keyboard support this spring. Unfortunatly they just added it to the upcoming major release 1.3. The Enigma project will have serious trouble to switch to 1.3 in one of its next releases due to SDL 1.2/1.3 incompatibilities and lacking support for quite a period of time after the official SDL 1.3 release.

Greets,

Ronald