Re: [Enigma-devel] Weird behaviour in IV-79 ("Cannonball") using SVN 128

From: Ronald Lamprecht
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Weird behaviour in IV-79 ("Cannonball") using SVN 1281
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 17:12:41 +0200

Ronald Lamprecht wrote:
address@hidden wrote:
the level IV-79 ("Cannonball") behaves quite different using Enigma 1.10 SVN 1281. When you 'fly' and get through the one-way stone (into the room where the oyds are) the marble gets pulled to the right (like there would be a very strong magnet). It seems it happens every time (I'm not absolutely sure because the 'cannonball fly' is quite hard for me).

When you enter collision mode the marble is pulled to the rightest border of the level. I additionally used god mode and get back to the start room. Suddenly the pull finishs. Moving again to the oxyd room (no jump, god and collision mode) no pull occurs.

When you use god mode from the very beginning of the level (no jump!) and you move to the oxyd room this weird behaviour does not happen.

Oops - shame on me. I noticed that this level makes critical usage of the trigger item when I checked all levels prior the trigger reengineering. But obviously I forgot to fix the level's trigger usage later on.

The reason is a strange feature of the current/old trigger implementation that acted even on marbles jumping over a trigger. Cannonball relys on any actor, even the jumping ones, to press the last trigger on the acceleration ramp. This trigger switches off the acceleration forces. But the fixed trigger does no longer act on jumping actors. Thus the forces will not be switched off.

The fix is simple - some additional invisible sensors behind the ramp that will detect jumping actors as well.

I fixed the level and it seems to be o.k. for me, but I never solved this level completly.

So it would be kind, if someone would check.

@Raoul - please update the level in the tunk.

Greets,

Ronald