Re: [Enigma-devel] Idea for an add-ons manager in Enigma

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] Idea for an add-ons manager in Enigma
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:13:45 +0200

Hello Alexandros,
> I recently thought of adding an add-ons manager in Enigma to make the
> adding and removing of custom levels, levelpacks, soundsets, oxyd data
> files, etc. easier and more convenient.

I consider using the regular file manager quite convenient. Mostly
because it is exactly the UI I'm used to using...
On gnome, I'd just launch
  xdg-open $HOME/.enigma/levels/auto
for example. A benefit is that this will also easily allow me to zip
my level for submission, open it with my favourite editor etc.

Note that I'd strongly suggest to add a "kiosk mode" right away, that
is a mode to run enigma which supposedly is safe to be used by
'anonymous' users. The kiosk mode should probably also disable score
submission etc.

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
 erich@(mucl.de|debian.org) -- GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C (o_
 To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion. //\