Re: [Enigma-devel] New level Oxyd #41 and question about st-disco

From: Ulf Stegemann
Subject: Re: [Enigma-devel] New level Oxyd #41 and question about st-disco
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 10:41:57 +0100

Hi,

Andreas Lochmann <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm not sure why your first approach didn't work, perhaps using the
> same name for multiple objects (doesn't work in old api)?
>
> However, we plan to replace st-disco by some more convenient method of
> lighting and darkening, which e.g. allows the use of stones (you can't
> push st-wood through st-disco!). There's no priority to this, so it
> won't get into 1.1, but the plans are there. Hence, st-disco becomes
> deprecated ... getting rid of st-disco is particularly easy as long as
> no Enigma level uses it.

okay Andreas, thank you for the clarification. As st-disco becomes
deprecated, I've attached another version of Oxyd #41 (This one is
rather quick and dirty and surely not as elegant as the st-disco
variant; nevertheless, it works.). The new version uses st-chameleon and
fl-abyss_fake to cover the marble in darkness and if you plan to include
it in a forthcoming release it shouldn't pose any problems. I've also
replaced fl-gray since the new approach needs a floor that does not
change when re-drawn.

Best regards,

Ulf