[Enigma-devel] Desktop file update

From: Erich Schubert
Subject: [Enigma-devel] Desktop file update
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2008 19:39:21 +0100

Hi,
I'm doing some minor update to the Debian package. Or is there a new
(maintainance?) release somewhere in sight?
Anyway, upon preparing the package, I came across a few warning messages:

Anyone volunteers to update the desktop file (trunk/etc/enigma.desktop)?

The translations should probably be merged somehow; I wouldn't put
single translations in there, but add the strings to the po files.

Debians "lintian" checker reports the following warnings:
W: enigma-data: desktop-entry-contains-deprecated-key
/usr/share/applications/enigma.desktop:11 FilePattern
W: enigma-data: desktop-entry-invalid-category PuzzleGame
/usr/share/applications/enigma.desktop

1. the "FilePattern" line should simply be removed (derprecated)

2. And the desktop entry spec doesn't list any PuzzleGame category:
http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html
but:
LogicGame       Logic games like puzzles, etc   Game

i.e. I propose s/PuzzleGame/LogicGame/
(maybe also add ArcadeGame?)

P.S. has anyone worked on getting the screensavers disabled reliably?

best regards,
Erich Schubert
--
    erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)      --      GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C    (o_
  To understand recursion you first need to understand recursion.   //\